Book an appointment:
Physiotherapist Kaisa Pernu
(Specialised in maternity and pelvic floor physiotherapy)
Tel. +358 (0)20 742 4400
Book an appointment online
PELVIC FLOOR PHYSIOTHERAPY FOR BOTH MEN AND WOMEN
The purpose of pelvic floor physiotherapy is to treat and prevent the disorders of the pelvic floor muscles in both men and women. We use various equipment and modern IT software for pelvic floor therapy.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM PELVIC FLOOR PHYSIOTHERAPY?
Persons who suffer from
- An overactive bladder
- Trouble emptying the bladder fully
- Weakened pelvic floor muscles
- Tension and pains
- Numbness and trouble identifying sensations
- Constipation, urinary and faecal incontinence
- Sexual dysfunction
Pelvic floor physiotherapy can be used to prevent future health problems such as birth injuries, prolapses, changes due to age and back pain.
CONTENT AND IMPLEMENTATION of the therapy
- The exercises are planned to suit your individual needs after a physiotherapeutic examination
- Stimulation exercises with electrotherapy and biofeedback (EMG)
- Therapeutic exercises to restore function
- Guidance, counselling and instructions for home exercises
- We also rent out home therapy equipment
GOALS OF REHABILITATIVE PHYSIOTHERAPY
To get results, you need to be persistent and attend the therapy for at least three months, home exercises included. Start the therapy at a time when your life situation allows it. We require our patients to be examined by a doctor before starting physiotherapy.
HOW CAN I ENTER REHABILITATION?
You can seek out physiotherapy independently or with a doctor’s referral, which may make you eligible for compensation from Kela.