Book an appointment:
Toni Jääskeläinen, PT OMT, CMP
Petri Jalava, PT OMT
Antti Maaninka, PT OMT
Tel. +358 (0)20 742 4400
Book an appointment online
OMT – ORTHOPAEDIC MANUAL THERAPY
Orthopaedic Manual Therapy (OMT) is a specialised field within physiotherapy, focusing on the evaluation of a person’s physical capability, the examination and therapy of the nerves, the muscles and the joints, as well as the prevention of dysfunctions.
OMT is based on detailed examination and clinical deduction. The forms of therapy use specific manual techniques, such as:
- Therapeutic exercises
With appropriate guidance and independent exercise, we aim to treat and prevent musculoskeletal problems. Physiotherapeutic examination and therapy takes each person’s biopsychosocial and environmental factors into account.
Careful examination ensures efficient and accurate care, which allows us to get results as soon as possible.
The newest scientific studies and strong clinical evidence are used in the development and evaluation of OMT.
WHEN SHOULD I SEEK OUT OMT?
- If you have any trouble with your musculoskeletal system
- If you have trouble with your spine: neck pain, back pain, locked facet joints, headaches, sciatica
- If you have trouble with your joints: sacroiliac joint, jaw joint, tennis elbow, shoulder impingement syndrome
- If you have trouble with your nerves: intervertebral disc displacement, chronic nerve pain, paraesthesia, radiating pain
- If you suffer from chronic pain: prolonged pain caused by various reasons
- Post-operative rehabilitation
HOW CAN I SEEK OUT OMT?
You may pay for the rehabilitation by yourself or apply for a payment commitment from Kela or your insurance company, employer or home municipality.
Welcome to our reception at TutorisFysio!